Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thank You



In a recent conversation with my teenage son, I asked him if there was anything that he was praying about so that I could join him in prayer. I wasn't at all prepared for his reply.

He looked me in the eye and stated, "No, not really." "God has already done so much for me. Everyone is always asking Him for stuff. I like to spend my time tell Him thank you." I sat back in my seat feeling both proud and guilty.

So, today, I take a page from my son's book. I choose to focus on everything that I have to be thankful for. I won't beg, I won't complain. Instead, I will say "thank you".

Thank you my son, for being respectful and responsible - despite my urge to fuss about the tidiness of your bedroom. Thank you my Creator, for life and health - despite my habit of constantly bombarding You with a litany of requests. Above all, thank You for Your Love.


1 comments:

bunmi March 14, 2011 at 8:11 AM  

beautiful Riisa, just beautiful! and I love the backround music..."He loves..."

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP